Saturday, July 17, 2010

Using My Taters from the Garden

Mel's Hash! Potatoes, Vidalia onions, green onions, chuck eye steak, leftover meatloaf, chopped tomatoes, orange bell peppers and cucumbers....and lots of herbs from the garden!

Dave likes lots of hot sauce on his poached eggs.
It was delish...if I do say so myself. I poach the eggs in about 4 inches of simmering water for about 2-3 min. I always add a bit of vinegar to the water before I add the egg..just to help "hold them" together.

6 comments:

Phil Osborn said...

One of my fave breakfasts.

Dale said...

Now that's a good use of taters! Looks delicious although I might substitute the eggs for ten pounds of bacon. That's just me.

Jennyo said...

that looks yum!

Unknown said...

Dale, if I'd had bacon it would have been in there!

J and P...we'll have to have you over for red beer and hash!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Wow, that is my kind of meal. It looks fantastic!
Cheers,
jj

Taradharma said...

yum