Saturday, May 03, 2008

Eating Laosy Food
























Great lunch meet-up today at Vientiane for Laos/Thai food. I give the place 4 stars! Those stuffed chicken wings are to die for, the spicey green papaya salad is perfect, the lao sausage was sublime, the squid salad was one of the best I've ever had..and I loved the presentation of everything. Dave said the Beerlao was very good too.
We met Rodney of Sacramento Food Blog and then Jenny and Robert were there, plus Dave and I. I invited one lady who was dining alone to join us, and she declined...but she sure enjoyed Roberts story about Moose Turd Pie. Speaking of dessert, we had some lovely cold mango with warm rice and a tapioca drink with green jello (yes) that was so delicious. Souk divided one into 5 little cups for us!
The spicey cucumber dipping sauce..well, that was so delicious that I drank it. Souk, the owner, gave me some to take home with me.
It's the second time Dave and I have eaten there and Jenny says she and Phil get take-out way lots. I shall be a regular there. I like their new digs too!! Very nice. The service was prompt and friendly, the place is spotless...even the bathrooms, and I took a look in the kitchen when I was coming around the corner and it was spotless too! I think this is my very favorite place to dine in Sacramento...unless I am craving a burger or Mexican food...or Italian.
Vientiane-Lao and Thai Cuisine
1001 Jefferson, Suite 500
West Sacramento 95691
916-373-1556
Monday-Saturday, 11 am to 9 pm.





2 comments:

Eileen and Karen said...

Wow those pictures are great! I wish I could have been there. It all sounded delicious.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melody,

I run the restaurant search site Urbanspoon and we've recently started covering Sacramento. I wanted to introduce you to the site.

We pull together restaurant reviews from the newspaper critics (Sacramento News and Review, Sacramento Bee, Mobil Travel Guide, etc) as well as reviews from food bloggers. For example, here's our page on Lemon Grass Asian Grill and Noodle Bar:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/36/401623/Sacramento/Arden-Arcade-restaurants/Lemon-Grass-Asian-Grill-and-Noodle-Bar.html

One of the main things we're trying to do is to help people find out what bloggers have to say about restaurants. I was wondering if you would be interested in showing your restaurant reviews on Urbanspoon. Users will see a teaser of your review on our site, and we show a link to click through to your blog and read the full review.

For instance, if you wanted to add your post on your meal at Ventiane, here's a page that explains how it works:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/e/restaurant_link/402989

Thousands of new people will see your blog posts every month. Check out our blog leaderboard for more details:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/top-food-blogs

In any case, I like your blog and I wanted to say hello! We're just getting started in Sacramento -- any feedback you have is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben
ben@urbanspoon.com

www.urbanspoon.com