Sunday, May 19, 2013

100 and 145 or bust!

My goal is to reduce my blood glucose to 100 and my weight to 145.  I look great at 145.  So got the diabetes diagnoses ..finally.  I have been working to stay away from it but not hard enough.  I gain, I lose.  I gain.  I lose.

I need to stay the course.  I can use your help and support.

I am not on medication for diabetes II, and I don't want to be.

I am going to classes on how to manage it..well, they start next week.  I hate going to classes.  I really do.  I think it was all those years in college..and working full time.  All schooled out.  But I'll go..or I will give it a shot.  I have been studying online as well.  This link on carb counting was very helpful.

So, went to the dr. in early May and weighed a whopping 211 lbs.  I weighed yesterday... 202.  Our scales are a lb apart. My fasting glucose was high...145.  Heck I'd be thrilled to lose 45 glucose points and 45 lbs!  That would be awesome.  A lb. at a time.  Will weigh weekly..on Sat.  I get my glucose meter on Tuesday so will be sharing those numbers too.  I'll be able to see which foods are best for me.

So, have been eating foods to lower and stabilize my glucose.

I will be posting about this journey until I lose the sugar and the weight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had huge luck lowering sugar & weight (without any change in our relatively lazy-ass workout regime) going pretty strict paleo. No grains, no starches at all, no processed sugars. A little honey, dairy OK, lots of fruit/veg/meat/chicken/fish/nuts/etc.

Feel great too.

Unknown said...

I was on Paleo..lost weight easily but blood sugar went up. We are all different.

Unknown said...

Anonymous...going back to Paleo. Will focus more on fish this time and very lean meats.