Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tomatoes and Radishes


The tomatoes above are my "extra carotene orange" tomatoes...they will eventually be medium-sized orange tomatoes.

People tell me I have lovely radishes.


Two separate roma tomato plants above.
I also have black heirloom tomatoes growing as well as the pink heirlooms... and my yellow grapes..two plants have tomatoes. I cannot wait. I know I'll have some red and yellow ones by the end of June!! I have 11 healthy plants growing. Get out the canning supplies! Mama's comin'.




8 comments:

Taradharma said...

black heirlooms? Cool. I have to yank one of my tom plants....it is looking sickly. The other one is robust and is growing in a container with a summer squash plant. The green beans are putting out a lot of beans, and the eggplants have many blossoms. Don't you just love it? I'll have to post some photos soon.

Peg said...

I will be going on a canning strike this year. We barely used anything that we canned last year! And, we lost everything in the freezer when the fridge broke. I'll just eat fresh.

Your stuff looks beautiful, btw.

Unknown said...

I wept a bit when I opened my last jar of canned tomatoes from last year!

Eileen and Karen said...

This cool weather is not good for the tomatoes.. they stopped growing.
I hate canning! My mother used to do it and it was hot and too much work and I will not do it.

Alisa@Foodista said...

Hi Melly, I followed you from the foodieblogroll and you have a great blog going on in here!I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind. Just add this foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

Carolyn Jung said...

I have tomato envy! I wish my tomato plants looked as prolific as yours. Mine look a little barren at the moment. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

My mother canned tomatoes all her life and I hated the process because it involved me and using up my precious vacation time! Your tomatoes were the best I have ever had and when I used the last jar I made swiss steak and IT was the best I've ever made! M-I-L

Unknown said...

Awwww...thanks mom!