Sunday, March 09, 2008

Uni Looks Like Baby Poo

Well, it does. Same texture too. Loved the flavor..but for me, it's hard to get past the color and then the feel of it in my mouth. It's a delicacy..it's expensive...and it's also the gonads of the sea urchin. Who knew? I stepped on a sea urchin once..it was the day after I got stung by a scorpion. Good times.

We had one fabulous sushi meetup at Akebono on Freeport Blvd in Sacramento. My non-raw-fish-eating husband even tried some sashimi!

Anyhoo...I wrote about it over at the food forums if you want to read more. I think the others will chime in too. It's under dining experiences. We always have such a great time...lots of laughs and great food. I will become a regular at Akebono.

http://www.sacramentofoodgroup.org

For more and pictures too http://www.justeileenandsue.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Aww...baby poo? I've heard it described as puppy vomit, which seems more apt.

Still, the taste is sublime. A mini-O in every mouthful.