Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Usual ...my husband loves it

Making Chicken Soup....all I want is the clear broth for the matzo ball pool!
I have started saving chicken fat for schmaltz...for the matzo balls
I tressed the chicken,..to roast for my husband. We stuff it with lemon, rosemary, onion, and thyme...all fresh herbs, We also put lemon and rosemary under the skin!
I make brown rice..and I add veggies from my winter garden.
Crisp chicken skin, tender chicken...fragrant and healthy brown rice.

That's a meal. I put my chicken soup in the frig. I will make matzo balls tomorrow!

3 comments:

Peg said...

Beautiful! Trying to imagine a California winter garden... Our asparagus, which should be "cut on a nice February day", is buried under a foot of snow, with 6-10 more inches on the way. Cheryl said she left some carrots buried and "all we have to do" is go dig them up. Holding up the grocery store sounds easier than getting involved in that snow covered muddy mess!

Laura said...

I love that you keep a bag of schmaltz around...you are definitely my kind of woman!

Unknown said...

Peg...I miss you Peg! You are too funny girl.

Laura..well same to you! I like your style and your blog!