Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Omage to Julia and Dave..and friendship



Boeuf Bourguignon with potatoes and buttery croissants - Thanks Julia! I know it looks like plain old beef stew...but it is not. I had to rest for two days after making this one...and it took me about that long to get my kitchen back in order! My MIL is enjoying it! (click on photo to enlarge..and you should) A reserve Gallo 2006 Pinot Noir was a lovely pairing for this meal. The Oyster Bay Sauv Blanc went unopened, as it should have.



French Green Beens..a lovely side indeed



Happy Birthday Dave!



Best Friends Forever...Bella and my granddaughter, Elaina. Bella is moving to D.C. :(



Speaking of friends, my neighbor brought me a bunch of lemons from her tree!

6 comments:

Carolyn Jung said...

Beof Bourguignon! You are making me so hungry here! ;)

Laura said...

So was it worth the multi-day effort? I've never made Ms. Child's version but have been contemplating it of late...at least I will be when the weather cools down.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

It was worth it to me...not sure about anyone else!

Glenna said...

Mmmmmm....looks lovely!!!

Pat said...

Happy belated Dave!! What a lovely meal Melody prepared for you! Sorry I'm so late with my birthday wishes.
Much love and wishes for a most wonderful year.