Friday, January 23, 2009

Crying, In Spite of Ourselves

We will be seeing these two fabulous performers in March and April. I can't wait! Please watch and enjoy. My husband and I love kd lang...she is the best female vocalist ever! We look forward to her concert at the Mondavi Center in Davis, CA. The first link is kd singing a Roy Orbison song...which we LOVE.

The first time I heard the Prine song was on my sister's back porch in New Jersey. My brother and sis-in-law sang it the night before my niece's wedding. They did a fantastic job by the way! We ran right out and got that CD! Please, click on the second "youtube" video to get what we all felt in New Jersey....one fine night indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cc8TI1KomU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5axlwCBXC8

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Melody for the great memory!! Wasn't that fun that night?
By the by....you are beautiful, you always have been. Make-up or sans. You're lucky you have the man you have.

Unknown said...

OMG..that night on your porch, with John playing his guitar and Ruthie singing was one of the best ever moments of my life. You are so right..a great memory for sure.

WyoRabbi said...

We got to see and hear John Prine at the Alberta Bair Theater in Billings in 2000. He was great! Love to see him come around again.

Dale said...

Most excellent spring presents for you! I've kd a few times and she's always mind-blowingly great.