Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Sympathy for a Tree

Today, the Sacramento Tree Foundation woman came by to discuss a new shade tree for our yard. When I answered the door she touched my shoulder and said, "I am so sorry for your loss"..looking toward the heaping mound of dirt/mulch where the old silver maple used to be. I began to cry...and so did she. She talked about how last winter, in midtown Sacramento, her favorite huge tree did not survive the storm. She and her neighbors sat around the base of it, drinking wine, and toasting to the demise of it. It was so great to have someone understand...and my grief over the past week finally made sense. I miss my huge tree.

I keep the front bedroom door closed..so I don't have to pass by and miss it each time I walk by and notice the glaring sunlight!

Just saying....

No comments: