Monday, February 18, 2008

Somethin's Cookin Round Here

For the first time in 7 days, I am cooking. Other than feeling a bit dizzy and still coughin, I am up and walking amongst the living. I can't say the same for my dear husband. He is down and out. This viral flu thing is a killer.

Today I needed some comforting, so made a meatloaf. Is that two words or one? I actually ventured to the grocery store yesterday and picked up a few things. That was a huge deal! That and actually taking a shower and washing my hair.

So with my meat loaf, I am having some roasted fingerling potatoes and lemon broccoli. No canned soup for me today! The house smells good. I think I'll go cozy up next to hubby and watch a movie...The Year of the Dog.

Here is what I ate while I was sick:

Chicken noodle soup, chicken broth, chicken noodle soup, chicken broth, vanilla yogurt, Horizan organic cottage cheese (2%), saltines, green tea, lots o water.

1 comment:

Me. Here. Right now. said...

I'm glad you are finally feeling better, but sorry to hear D. is sick. Hope he's going to heal with your ministrations.