Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tender Ribs and Happy Tuesday

Well, remember when I said I was going to write my happiest moment each day on here? Did I do it? No...but Eileen over at "Just the Two of Us" has been great about it!

So what has made me the happiest today is getting a good nights sleep. It doesn't happen very often anymore. I wake up lots..have trouble going to sleep, etc. Feeling really rested makes me very happy and energetic.

Yesterday, I was happy cause I marinated some pork ribs in Yoshida's, wrapped em in foil after adding 1/2 cup water.. and threw them on a baking tray in a preheated 400 degree oven. I lowered the temp to 350 after 10 minutes and continued baking for 90 minutes. Took off foil, brushed more Yoshida's on, and cooked for about 10 more minutes. They were tender and delicious. We had baked sweet potatoes with grated nutmeg on top..and some leftover spinach/beet salad. Delicious.

Also...Anne Martin Rolke and her hubby [of Sacatomato ] welcomed their new arrival Eva! Babies always make me happy.

No comments: