Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Guess What?

It is raining in Portland. Shocker, I know.

The first day I got here, we hit the pumpkin patch first thing. It is in Helvetia..owned by that family of little people from TLC...know what I am talking about? Well, if you do, they were there. They have quite a spread...we figured in the 6 weeks their pumpkin patch is open, they make $120,000 on the wagon rides alone! The film crew was there as well...it was fun to watch them move an outdoor porta potty so it wouldn't be in one of the scenes for the tv show. We had fun, Elaina had a blast...and we went to breakfast at Black Bear Restaurant. Their neighbors came along and it made for a lively meal.

Today we are headed downtown to pick up some camera lenses...and we'll eat at Byways Cafe. It was featured on Food Network...Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

So much for my Weight Watchers this week. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Biways Cafe was fun. I met the cook who was featured on tv with Guy Fieri..she was nice. I don't think Tila Tequila would go for her though. :) She was not a 'lipstick lesbian'. Ya have to walk thru the tiny, tiny kitchen to get to the only bathroom. I had the Greek Omelet..it had fresh spinach on it...and feta. Yummy. http://biwayscafe.com

I also know all the words to "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round"...including hand movements!

Anonymous said...

ooops..it is http://www.bywayscafe.com Dave is gonna wish I had tried their breakfast hash..but we'll go again when he is here..like when the baby is born in December!

[btw..Elaina is a genious]

Me. Here. Right now. said...

I love that show! How cool is that--other than that pesky drunk driver arrest he had this year.